Thursday, September 15, 2016

Tippy Taste x Icing and Glitter, Siffat Haider Interview


We are honored to be interviewing the fashion blogger from Icing and Glitter today here on Tippy Taste Jewelry. Read on to learn more about this multi-culture fashionista and her life in the fashion world. You can also find her on Instagram.
______________________________________

"I have a serious case of wanderlust and travel at any given opportunity"

Hello Siffat, can you share with us a little about yourself?
I grew up in both Toronto, Canada, and Dhaka, Bangladesh. After going back and forth between the two places throughout my childhood, I came to Toronto to do my undergrad at the University of Toronto. Since having completed my very theoretical fields of study (Sociology, Political Science, and Religion), I attended fashion school, and am currently focusing full time on my blog. Other than my passion for writing, I have a serious case of wanderlust and travel at any given opportunity. I'm currently very excited for my trip to Paris at the end of the month!

How did you first get into fashion?
Ever since I started dressing my little brothers up as girls when they were younger. Jokes aside, I’ve always been into fashion, but only seriously pursued it when I decided to attend Conde Nast College. Since then, I worked in a PR firm in Toronto where I had the privilege of working on several fashion clients and have had the opportunity to work with some really great people and companies thanks to my blog.


"I’ve found myself embracing a more minimalistic approach to fashion."

How would you describe your style?
Ever-changing? I wish I could say I have a definitive style, but I feel like it changes based on where I am and what I’m doing. Over the past few months, I’ve found myself embracing a more minimalistic approach to fashion.

What are some of your favorite pieces of jewelry?

Two diamond rings from my mom. They are permanent residents on my fingers.
Where do you usually buy your jewelry from?
Anywhere and everywhere. I pick up a lot of pieces while I travel, and when I’m in Toronto, I love J Crew, H&M, and Aldo Accessories.


"Pursue whatever it is you want to do relentlessly, but most importantly, relax and enjoy the ride."


Lastly, we know that you are a graduate from Conde Nast. What advice would you give to someone who just recently graduated from college?

Relax, you’ll figure it all out eventually. Everyone is under such immense pressure after graduation but the truth is your 20s are for finding yourself, and it’s not the end of the world if you graduate from college without a clue as to what to do next. Be proactive- network, reach out to people who inspire you, you’d be surprised at how far a coffee meeting goes. Pursue whatever it is you want to do relentlessly (there will be hits and misses), but most importantly, relax and enjoy the ride.

______________________________________

We hope you enjoyed reading this interview as much as we do. Stay tuned for more at Tippy Taste Jewelry. Thank you!
Photo credits: Siffat Haider, Icing and Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment