Thursday, September 15, 2016

FASHION MODEL, EMMA JANE INTERVIEW

We are thrilled to be interviewing fashion model Emma from My Life In Pink today here on Tippy Taste Jewelry. Her jaw-dropping style is something to die for. Read on to learn more about her life as a model and what inspires her. You can see more of her style and travel photos on her Facebook and instagram. You can also see more work from the guy behind the camera, Justin Polkey here and here.
______________________________________

Hello Emma, can you share with us a little about yourself?

I was born and raised in Cape Town South Africa and at the age of 18, I was approached by a modelling agency in a shopping centre and have spent the past five years traveling the world. I studied Communication Science and Business Administration while I traveled via correspondence.

How did you first get into modeling?
I had always wanted to be a model, my gran was the first Miss South Africa and I looked up to her, but I was continuously turned down by agencies. Eventually I just stopped trying and six months later, like I said above, I was discovered in a shopping centre, after that my first job was for a local magazine editorial here in South Africa.



"You just have to have a strong personality, you can’t let people walk over you in this industry."

The modeling industry is always glamorized. What would you say is the not so glamorous side of modeling?
Almost everything! The early call times and long hours in the boiling sun or freezing rain, with no toilets in sight, not having time to eat or drink water, running around to 15 castings a day, especially when you got to trek around in the snow, getting judged on your appearance, never being skinny or tall enough, skin breakouts from traveling and stress, sometimes not even getting paid. Haha sounds terrible doesn’t it? But at the same time it can be incredibly rewarding, the traveling and meeting new people every day. You just have to have a strong personality, you can’t let people walk over you in this industry.

How would you describe your style?
I never have an answer to this question purely because I don’t have a style. My style changes all the time just like fashion changes all the time, it evolves and it grows with me as a person. One year my style is free and bohemian and the next it’s refined and elegant.


"I draw most my inspiration from the street. I love seeing what the everyday person is wearing, it’s aspirational."

Where do you get your inspirations from?
I draw most my inspiration from the street. I love seeing what the everyday person is wearing, it’s aspirational. As much as I love reading fashion magazines like Vogue or Love, it’s not always aspirational, not for many people. That’s what I love about fashion bloggers, they aspirational and approachable and real.

Who’s your role model?
There are many people who I look up to in life for different reasons and I pull strength from those individual role models during different times in my life, depending what I’m going through. However, two people that stand by me and continuously inspire me would be my mother and my father. Cheesy and predictable…but true.


What is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?
A vintage ring passed down from my mother, it’s a gold band with an aquamarine stone. It holds so much sentimental value.

Where do you usually buy your jewelry from?
I like my jewellery simple and understated and it has to tell a story. Either someone special bought it for me, or I got it while I was aboard. I don’t have a one stop shop for my jewelry.

Lastly, jewelry seems to be treated as an “after-thought”. What do you think about that?
Jewellery completes an outfit. Whether it be a dainty gold ring or necklace that no one would see or a shiny statement necklace, it all plays a part in pulling your outfit together and adding that final touch.

______________________________________
We hope you enjoyed reading this interview as much as we do. Stay tuned for more at Tippy Taste Jewelry. Thank you!
Photo credits: Emma Jane, Justin Polkey

1 comment:

  1. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    https://www.kisiri.co.za/homecoming-dresses-320

    ReplyDelete