Thursday, September 15, 2016

INTERVIEW: LENIELOVES- ALL THINGS NAIL

We are interviewing the talented Anna-Lena Hensing from Lenieloves today here on Tippy Taste Jewelry. We think nail polish and jewelry goes perfectly together. Read on to learn more about her passion for nail polish, her thoughts on jewelry and what inspires her. You can see more of her style and nail photos on her instagram


______________________________________

Hello Lenie, can you share with us a little about yourself?

I am 27 years old and come from Bremen, a beautiful city in Germany. After I finished my education, I started to work in marketing. Today I am working as a product manager. I like the versatility, the creativity and the variety which this job includes.

"I always appreciated well groomed hands and nails. Not only for women, I think also for men it´s important to have cared hands and nails."

How did you first get into nail art/nail polishes?
I always appreciated well groomed hands and nails. Not only for women, I think also for men it´s important to have cared hands and nails. I think I was 16 years old, when I started to polish my nails. At that time I preferd clear nail polish rather than bright colours. I thought they were to obvious, to eyecatchy sort of. By the way, my first real colored nail polish was "size matters" from essie. A wonderful deep dark red.

 

How many nail polishes do you have?
The biggest part of my little nail polish collection are essie polishes. Meanwhile I can call 70 pretty bottles as my own. Also I have got a few OPI polishes, Dior, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent as well as Astor and Catrice. Altogether I got around 85 nail polishes, but actually I never counted them exactly.
What are your top favorite nail polish colors so far?
At this moment for me orange, dark red, berry-and brown tones are a must have. My absolute favourite polish is "bahama mama" by essie. But also I like "meet me at sunset", a dream of a clear orangetone, also by essie. "Hypnotic" by Dior and the "Rouge Noir" by Chanel I wouldnt want to miss during fall season.

"I prefer colours on my nails. This is somehow my way of statement. I think with the right sort of jewellery, nail polish and a nice perfume, you can create a perfect outfit."

How would you describe your overall style?
My style is quite casual. I love drainpipe jeans, boots, and blazer in understated colours. Also chucks and biker jackets are found in my wardrobe. I think I am not the girlie type in rose and pink. I seldom wear dresses or skirts. Instead I prefer colours on my nails. This is somehow my way of statement. I think with the right sort of jewellery, nail polish and a nice perfume, you can create a perfect outfit.
Where do you get your inspirations from?
It depends... I love to find things in Deco shops. It might sound strange but when I find these severe things, suddenly an image appears in my head, a sort of picture. Sometimes I get ideas, when I am walking around town or looking into magazines. When I am home I try to realise these ideas. It always varies...
From your Instagram, it seems like you mostly use Essie. Why?
Oh yes you´re right I am absolutely in love with essie polishes. They have such a big variety of colors, and the quality is great. Also essie have a wide paintbrush for a clean and perfect application and the nail polish really last for quite a while. And to be honest.... the little bottles are very precious.

 


"It is so valuable to me, because it tells its own story and it's a precious memory from a valuable person"

What is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?

The most valuable piece of jewelry which I own, is an almost 100 year old garnet necklace, which I inherited from my grandma. It is so valuable to me, because it tells its own story and it's a precious memory from a valuable person. I do not wear this necklace often, because I am afraid I could lose it or break it. Nevertheless, that's my most favourite piece.
Where do you usually buy your jewelry from?
Most of the accessoires I buy are from H&M, Mango, Bijou Brigitte or Iam. I also have a necklace from Sashi and 2 bracelets, which I really love to wear. The right accessoires/jewelry can really give the outfit an individual style, it can be a simple statement or it can accomplish the whole personal look. I guess that's why women and jewelry belong together.
Lastly, what are your plans for the future?
Mmh, what are my plans....I like to go with the flow, let it come to me. Just a few months ago I never would have expected that so many people would look at my pictures on instagram, that I would be offered such great opportunities, and that I would get to know so many interesting and nice people. Maybe I will start to blog at one time in the future, who knows? My private life is happy and I hope that it will last for a long time!


______________________________________

We hope you enjoyed reading this interview as much as we do. Stay tuned for more at Tippy Taste Jewelry. Thank you!
Photo credits: Anna-Lena Hensing, Lenieslove

No comments:

Post a Comment