Thursday, September 15, 2016

BLOGGER INTERVIEW: CUP OF CHARISMA



We are interviewing Jillian from Cup of Charisma today here on Tippy Taste Jewelry. We first know her from instagram where her photos and positive conversation always brightens up our day. You can see more of her journey and her fashion week trip in New York on instagram

__________________________________


Hello Jillian, can you share with us a little about yourself?

I’m a 25-year-old PR professional and lifestyle blogger living in South Florida. Aside from my passion for writing, I love to travel and experience the little joys life has to offer.

How did you get into PR?
I’ve always found comfort in writing – it’s definitely my strongest suit. In college I was editor-in-chief of my student newspaper and had my heart set on being a reporter. I soon realized that PR would allow me to utilize my creativity while still doing what I loved. It’s one of the only career paths that allows you to become an expert in so many things. Working in a PR agency has made me a well-rounded (and caffeine addicted) person. Depending on the day you speak to me, I'm a luxury retail expert, a Miami hotel and nightlife aficionado, and a real estate enthusiast, among many other things. Plus, there's never a dull moment!


"There’s a profusion of fashion bloggers online and I sought to differentiate myself by sharing “feel-good” stories."

How did you get into blogging?
I launched Cup of Charisma as a way to express my personal style, spotlight inspiring causes, and share positive thoughts. There’s a profusion of fashion bloggers online and I sought to differentiate myself by sharing “feel-good” stories. From charitable brands to new music, I look for topics that will resonate with various crowds yet still tie back to style.  If I’m going to take stake in the blogosphere, I want to start positive conversations. With that in mind, I’ve covered everything from wardrobe advice to relationship advice. In sharing personal pieces of my life, I’ve had the amazing chance to learn about the lives of my readers.

Where do you get your inspirations from?
I’d like to think of my closet as a time machine. If it’s retro, it’s for me. My favorite looks are usually ‘50s and ‘60s-inspired.  I admire timeless icons like Grace Kelly and Sophia Loren, but still look to modern trendsetters for contemporary looks.



"My favorite pieces of jewelry always come with a history."

What is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?
My favorite pieces of jewelry always come with a history. My middle name is Rose, a name I was given after my great grandma. Aside from sharing a name, I now share her favorite accessory. It’s a small clock emblem made of opal that hangs on a gold chain. The clock face has intricate hand-painted numbers that are beginning to fade – granted they’ve lasted 100 years. It was her favorite piece and originally came as a set of earrings. She lost one of the two when she was young, so she had it made into a necklace to remind her to make the most of the time we’re given. Having this family heirloom connect me to a woman I never had a chance to meet, but is still such a big part of me.

Who is your favorite accessory designer that you admire?
I have quite the obsession with Kate Spade. There’s something so lighthearted and feminine about the brand’s accessories. The designs are meant to make you smile! I can’t start my day on the wrong foot when I’m covered in sparkling bows and bright bangles.


"I think jewelry is the key to a great outfit. Accessories are the glue that holds a look together."

Jewelry seems to be treated as an 'after-thought'. What do you think about that?
On the contrary, I think jewelry is the key to a great outfit. Accessories are the glue that holds a look together. I sometimes base my outfit choice around a great piece of statement jewelry I want to wear.

Do you find yourself constantly buying jewelry pieces, or do you go through phases?
I’d like to say I go through phases, but it’s difficult for me to stay out of the accessories department on shopping trips. I can’t help but purchase a unique statement piece or fun cocktail ring on most occasions. I also have a genuine love for thrifting. I’m exhilarated when I find a great piece of jewelry that’s lived a life before my purchase.



"Individualize yourself and you’ll be an asset to any work environment."

Where do you usually go to buy jewelry?
I have an eclectic taste and am constantly searching for new boutiques to shop at. Many of my purchases are from Kate Spade (of course), but I also have many pieces from BaubleBar, H&M, Target, and scattered thrift stores and craft fairs across Miami.

Lastly, working at a PR agency, what advice would you give to a person who wants to go down the PR route?
Take advantage of any networking opportunities, professional organizations, and internships in the area -- they will be a monumental stepping stone for breaking into the industry. Build relationships with professionals locally – even nationally through social media. Most importantly, build your personal brand. Sounds weird, right? To stand out as a PR professional, sometimes you have to do a bit of self PR. Cup of Charisma is one of the ways I’ve branded myself outside of my work. Create an online portfolio, be active on social media, submit articles to self-publishing websites like Medium.com – there are an endless amount of ways to get out there.  Individualize yourself and you’ll be an asset to any work environment.
__________________________________
We hope you enjoyed reading this interview as much as we do. Stay tuned for more at Tippy Taste Jewelry. Thank you!
Photo credits: Jillian Goltzman; Cup of Charisma

No comments:

Post a Comment